Monday, March 16, 2009

Yesica Becerra's Life Story

When I first got marry at age 18 I didn't know I was doing wrong, because I was too young to get marry. But that's what my decision was back then. Years later I had my first child, it was a boy. He's now 15 years old , Oscar. Then a year later I had my second child, but this time it was a girl, she's now 14 years old, Yesica. After that I had another girl, Irma and she's now 12. I had three kids and I thought that was too many kids and decided to leave them with my sister Patricia, who was suppose to take care of them. Then two years after I left, I had another girl, her name is Lidia and she's now 10 years old. They didn't know they had a little sister until they were about five or six. I use to call them once in a while when I had time or when they had time, and they use to speak with their little sister. They didn't know her by person, but they talked on the phone, so it didn't make me feel that bad. Yesica always said she wish she could see Lidia for the first time, and be with her the whole time, and play with her, too.

I had left them with my sister, because she was closer to me and lived almost in the same block. Then I called her so I can speak with my children but she had said that they were staying in my mom's house. At first I was really mad about her, leaving my children somewhere else when I gave them to her so she could take care of them. Then I got over it because they were better with their grandma, even dough Yesica told me that she felt alone, because in the house they made fun of her and her sister and brother, just because they didn't had parents. It broke my heart just by hearing her say that. So I told her that one of these days I was going to go to Mexico to pick them up and come to Chicago. Yesica didn't know why I had left them and she always ask, her aunts, uncles, and her grandma but nobody wanted to tell her. Or at least that's what she told me. Then she ask me why had I left them and why didn't I took them with me. I did told her the truth, that I cold take care of them, and that also I needed to work to feed ourselves.

I told her that I came here to Chicago and had left them with their aunt because, I came here (Chicago) to work and the money I won, send it to them, and that I couldn't take them with me because it was going to be harder for me to go to work with three kids. So like I told her, "one of these days I'm going to Mexico to pick them up and come to Chicago", and I did. I went to Mexico when Yesica was 9 years old. Also for the first time she had seen her little sister and Oscar and Irma, too. At that time Lidia was 5 years old. At first they all use to get along, but now is like they were sharks fighting for food. But the important thing is that we are together again. Oh yeah sorry not to mention it, almost all together, because I got separated from their dad when I left them with their aunt. I told them that too, and the good thing is that they did understand me.

No comments:

Post a Comment