Monday, March 30, 2009

A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words

It was a beautiful day and we decided to work outside like we always do only that this time we were going to wake up earlier so we can have more work done by the end of the day. We eat twice a day, in the morning when we wake up and in the night, an hour before we go to sleep. My name is Joana and I live with my mom, my sister and my brothers. I have two little brothers, Henry is the youngest one, and Kevin the second youngest, and a little sister name Janet. My parents name is Josefina and Alejandro. We have a small farm, and a dog, who we consider as our guard. Us as a family work together really hard every single day, that we don’t even spend time together.
Today I have to go to the farm and feed the chicks, then I have to collect the eggs, that the chicken left. After that, I have to feed the other animals. When I done doing that I had to take my little brothers and sister to school. While they’re at school, the rest of us do the house, and farm work. My mom was a little sick so the only thing she had to do was sit in a chair, sew some cloth, rest, and do it all over again. I think is hard for her to do that every day, all over again, sitting in the chair. But at least she’s helping us, too. My dad farms crops, and then sells them. Like today my dad’s going to pack the crops and sell them to the people in the city. We usually sell all of our crops, and that’s why we work so hard.
Me after I come back from taking my brothers and sister from school, I have to collect some apples and take them home to cook. After I’m done I would go and the house. Also when I was done I had to cook for my family… When I was about to start cooking, my father came to men and told me to cook something special for dinner. He explain to me why he wanted me to cook something special fro dinner….. We were all going to eat together, taking our time to eat, (not in a hurry like we always ate), and talk, tell jokes, even play games. I was so surprise. It had been a long time since we have fun together. So I cook apple pies for desert, apple juice to drink while eating, cheese, and a chicken. I was so excited, that I couldn’t wait for the special dinner. At last there we are eating dinner together like a real family. Even dough my brother Kevin had some trouble using the butter knife…..

3 comments:

  1. I love your story specialy the end....=]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice story i liked it
    good beginning
    seems like a good story from beginning to end the way you end is also nice
    keep it up...

    ReplyDelete
  3. good job yesica it is a good story. KEEP it up

    ReplyDelete